Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ballade in Hamarikyu Garden - Shiodome



I know... I know... it has been a while since I updated this blog. I was quite stuck in a working routine lately and did not have the motivation to go out and take photos...but today, I motivated myself to got out and shoot, armed with my  new camera.

Destination Shiodome, the most modern area of Tokyo with lots of brand new skyscrapers, situated not so far from Ginza, and the Tokyo Bay area. Between these giants of steel and ciment,  we can find some peace and relax at the beautiful Hamarikyu Garden, sort of a Manhattan Park, in Tokyo.

~ Afar, the Rainbow Bridge and Tokyo Bay ~

The garden was originally a villa ("Beach Pavillon") build in 1654. Along time and the succession of Shoguns, the villa became a private garden. Unfortunately, it was completely destroyed by WWII and the Great Kanto Earthquake. The imperial family gave it to the city of Tokyo and made it public since April 1946. Nowadays, the garden conserves a Edo period style, quite beautiful in spring and autumn I guess. Sadly, I was to late to catch the autumn colors...

~ The garden is a real paradise for Cats too! ~

~ The last leaves of Autumn...~


~ Mt Fuji(mi) ~


 ~ The garden used to be a Duck hunting spot, they are still coming back every year ~





~ Afar, the Tokyo tower ~

~ 4:30Pm, closing time, just enough to catch the winter sunset ~ 

 
~ Shiodome streets ~

~ End of the promenade, Shibuya, before heading back home ~

1 comment: